ok actually, in the first place.. I already wasn't keen on going for it because
- I'm really not enthusiastic during camps. Really.
- I don't like the Secret Pal thing, like some forced match making session
- The camp will last for like 5 days? and that's a rather long time imo
- $60 - I'd rather spend it on a new pair of Charles and Keith (maybe buy that white one I tried the other time) or that pair of neon sandals from Aldo/F21
- and... I just don't think I'll keep in contact with people from my OG? (It's like how it was in HC, maybe the group's active for awhile but it dies after that) If its hall camp, I can understand why people want to attend but this is not some hall camp so I probably wouldn't see these "friends" around that much
- Lastly, a random guy I met on the streets agreed with my reasons for not wanting to go. HAHA (explain later)
Why I was wavering
- People already start attending camps, its like..... uni's already starting and people are making the effort to make new friends and.. idk get a headstart in NUS and what am I doing at home and in town?
- Friends are attending OG gatherings while I'm.............. not.
Just an hour ago, I was still mulling over whether I should go for the camp. I was walking along Orchard (i.e. from Ion to Plaza Singapura) by myself because Chan left to meet her OG and she took the train to Plaza Sing. But since I didn't want to go home that early and I wanted to check out the price of vinyl at Spotlight, I decided to take a long walk down.
I knew there'll be the surveyors outside Mandarin Gallery and at the area where people wait to cross to 313 so I tried to avoid them but too late, this guy already made eye contact with me and I gave him an awkward smile. I did his survey anyway - the same survey I did like n times?
And as usual, the surveyors will make small talk while you fill in their forms.
The guy said I looked cute hahahah (but somehow, I feel that the underlying meaning of cute is "retarded/silly")
He thought I looked 16 instead of erm 19 (when I told him my age) *Actually, I'm still 18* Then he proceeded to ask which school I'm from and CLASS & CCA --> because he's also from HC. Softball and soccer I think? I can't remember his name though :/ He said I don't look like I dance (the last time I did some survey with Chan, the guy said the same thing. What do we even look like we do. Sewing? Math club? Astronomy?) And he's taking the same course as I am in NUS.
Somehow, we just started chatting there. Talked about all the camps that're happening right now. I told him I didn't see the point in going + its expensive and he agreed with me --> which was also why he didn't want to attend any of them. That really set me on not going for the camp because mmmm... part of me feels like I'm sociable enough (when I feel like it and when I'm alone) and I don't need any camps but another part of me is just afraid of being lonely and friendless in school?
Anyway, so the conclusion is that
I wouldn't be attending the CAC Social camp.