Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

LAST DAY@WORK


**MELVIN AT THE BACK HAHAHA**

Today was our last day at the paint shop. We stayed till 5pm though we could have left at 12pm because there really was nothing to do at all. At least we had stuff to give for the past few weeks, but not yesterday and today.
As usual, I had fish soup noodles for lunch. Probably wouldn't go to AMK area now that work's ended.

Although the job was boring, I have to say I kinda enjoyed my time over there. The people at the paint shop were so nice and friendly, always offering/buying us food and drinks when we're not even their workers (we're just working under some agency). It was fun working in a different environment - not in some mall but under some HDB, I got to explore that part of the neighbourhood and buy random cheap stuff from the provision shops, buy hawker food.. just stuff/places that I'll seldom do/go if I never worked at the paint shop since er I'm in town most of the time.


**LOL I JUST HAD TO HOLD ONTO SOMETHING**
(That was some Dulux paint catalog btw)

TW and I bought the uncles and aunties egg tarts from the bakery as farewell gifts. Also because of this job (had to wake up at 6.30am and reach at 8am), I got to feel and witness (more like reminded of) the morning rush + crowd (Scary with the buses all so packed and everyone with their sian/zzz look). Work wouldn't be this easy and slack in future and the people I'll work with next time probably wouldn't be as warm and easy to get along with. At the paint shop, you can really feel like the workers are, in a sense, bonded. They have fun when they work and it's just a stress and competition-free working environment. Ok yeah, there's nothing to compete for but HAHA I'm just saying people seem more simple and the environment's a nice one to be working in. #justsaying They push trolleys of paints to customers' vehicles regardless of the weather - whether it's freaking hot or raining outside. I think its hard to find workers as hardworking as the people in the paint shop lol :')  and how can I forget Andreas - the guy who's forever so smiley and always buying us 100 Plus and Green Tea. BTW, Andreas told us to just chill for today because there was nothing to give out.

Yup, so please visit Chye Seng Paints and Hardware at AMK Avenue 10(???) if you want to get paints. HAHAHAH *PROMOTING*

Wonder who will take over next week.

Went to town after work to take a bus home and I saw this guy (botak I remember, I mean..the NS hair cut) staring at me from a bus. Couldn't see his face though so I'm not sure if it's anybody I'm supposed to know lol Feeling a bit peckish, shall have dinner soon. Goodnight :)